• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Email titled "Waning - You are not protected by Norton. Update Now"

My husband just got this email and there is no explanation, just links to go to.  Is this a phishing email?

Thanks.

Karen

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Email titled "Waning - You are not protected by Norton. Update Now"

My husband just got this email and there is no explanation, just links to go to.  Is this a phishing email?

Thanks.

Karen

Kudos0

Hi,

if you use NORTON MANAGEMENT this could be the reason for this email.

Do you use this:

https://manage.norton.com/?displang=iso3:eng&displocale=iso3%3ausa&displang=iso3%3aeng&ssdcat=281&origin=safew&env=prod&version=1.0

Cheers, Jo Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Kudos2 Stats

Hello Karen and welcome!

Undoubtedly it is a spam or phishing email.  I have been getting a few of these recently. I checked the email headers of some of these and they are not from Symantec.  It is not generally the way Symantec notifies you of a product update.

Your Norton product itself will alert you when there is a problem, an available update or your subscription needs to be renewed.

If your Norton Product is up to date, you have nothing to worry about.

One last piece of advice is to not open this type of email in the future as that action may trigger more spam mail.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Hello

I have been getting this email also every day since I upgraded to NIS 2012. I just delete them without opening them and have also looked at the headers. They do come from different sources every day or I should say when I do look at the headers. Sometimes they are caught by my ISP's spam detector which is a good one and sometimes it does get thru to my inbox. Which ever place they are in, I delete them.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.