• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

How do you stop from auto-deleting??

I do some network monitoring/intrusion related work and need the use of some special programs. How to I stop Norton from auto-deleting the files I download? And then if I were to download them how do I make sure they can run and not be bothered?

I have everything on a different laptop and Norton 360 plays nice, but with this one I can't seem to figure it out. Even if I turn off Norton, Norton still pops up to tell me it deleted the file. 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How do you stop from auto-deleting??

I do some network monitoring/intrusion related work and need the use of some special programs. How to I stop Norton from auto-deleting the files I download? And then if I were to download them how do I make sure they can run and not be bothered?

I have everything on a different laptop and Norton 360 plays nice, but with this one I can't seem to figure it out. Even if I turn off Norton, Norton still pops up to tell me it deleted the file. 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kudos0

Hi

Create a Folder and add exclusion for that folder in Scans and also in Auto-Protect and SONAR, Download your files to that folder. If Norton Firewall blocks a file while downloading turn Firewall OFF. Then add exclusion for that file in Firewall -> Program Control -> Allow

Kudos0

I made the excluded folder and disabled both the smart firewall and antivirus autoprotect.

If I click download I still get a popup that says Norton blocked an attack by: Malicious Site: Malicious Web Site, Domain, or URL 2.

I can trick Norton to let me start the download but Norton stops the download right away.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Turn Off Intrusion Prevention under Firewall and check

Kudos0

Thanks, I just found it as well. Once installed and detected I can select ignore, but getting it on the computer was a pain. 

Thanks again.

Edit: Turns out that Intrusion Detection was all that needed to be turned off, found on subsequent downloads.

Kudos0

Yup Turning Intrusion Prevention was to get those files safely into your Computer-> Exclusions in sonar, autoprotect, Scans was to make sure those files enjoy their stay without getting disturbed by the other Norton features.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.