• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

iAntivirus Definition Update

I just install iAntivirus on June 4th and I don't understand why it is not updating virus definition.

I checked the Scan Preferences and it is indicated below:

Virus definition date:  5/2/12  (This is over 30 days ago..  Is this normal?)

Number of virus signatures:  36,995 (Only 37K virus signatures? )

Please someone let me know about how to update "iAntivirus" definition.

Also, can I install "iAtivirus" and "Sophos Home Free Antivirus" program same time?

Thank you,

Replies

Kudos0

Re: iAntivirus Definition Update

I just install iAntivirus on June 4th and I don't understand why it is not updating virus definition.

I checked the Scan Preferences and it is indicated below:

Virus definition date:  5/2/12  (This is over 30 days ago..  Is this normal?)

Number of virus signatures:  36,995 (Only 37K virus signatures? )

Please someone let me know about how to update "iAntivirus" definition.

Also, can I install "iAtivirus" and "Sophos Home Free Antivirus" program same time?

Thank you,

Kudos0

Please disregards my question. 

I un-installed "iAntivirus" from my Mac Air. 

I waited over 10 days to "iAntivirus" to update the virus definition, but no update was occurred. 

From checking 'iAntivirus" Preference - difinition date: May 2, 2012, it was over 40 days old. 

Per "iAntivirus" web site:  http://www.iantivirus.com/product/ , it indicated "Automatic Update 24/7; but, I guess that is not true........  

I have Norton 360 for three other Window PCs and I trust the "Norton", but not "iAntivirus" program.....   Sorry...........

Kudos0

Hi,

the Update dont work, find nothing to update in the Menue

No cleaning Menue - autorepair only

No Mail phish Protection

Full scann over 60. min

App is very Buggy

greets

uninstall

Kudos1 Stats

Just to clarify, there is currently no update feature in the product, but without getting specific, let's just say we're well aware of the need for that feature.  The product was recently updated to version 1.0.1 with June 14 definitions (which are significantly more compact than the previous signatures).

Kudos0

Does that mean that you will do virus definitions update through the App Store updates?

Kudos0

Yes, currently that's how it's being done. There's a little lag due to the acceptance process by Apple on product updates.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.