• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Power Eraser has restored the internet connection:

Hello,

I recently tried to run a scan with NPE, and keep getting the following message:

Norton Power Eraser has successfully restored the Internet connection. Hosts file and Norton Power Eraser proxy settings may have been modified.

I should note that my internet connection is working fine, and I was able to use NPE (albeit a previous version from 19/08/12) to scan only a few weeks ago. Today however, with a newer version, it just doesn't want to know.

I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions.

Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Power Eraser has restored the internet connection:

Hello,

I recently tried to run a scan with NPE, and keep getting the following message:

Norton Power Eraser has successfully restored the Internet connection. Hosts file and Norton Power Eraser proxy settings may have been modified.

I should note that my internet connection is working fine, and I was able to use NPE (albeit a previous version from 19/08/12) to scan only a few weeks ago. Today however, with a newer version, it just doesn't want to know.

I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions.

Thank you.

Kudos0

Re: Norton Power Eraser has restored the internet connection:

hi falco,

This issue can happen because of a intermittent network connection.kindly check your ping quality here http://pingtest.net/.

and then try running NPE if you still face the same issue kindly send us the logs that is generated under the location below:

For win 7/vista c:\Users\"username"\Appdata\Local\NPE\NPETraceSession.etl

For Xp: C:Documents nad settings\"Username"\Local Settings\Application Data\NPE\NPETraceSession.etl

thanks,

suren.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.