• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2013 - Identity Safe - Export to DAT File - Optional Password Fields Missing

I have used the Identity Safe export (backup facility) in Norton Internet Security 2013 for the first time since upgrading (2 days ago). I am exporting to a DAT file. The optional fields to enter and confirm a password for the export are missing. However, the label that describes that the password is optional is still in the usual place in the dialog. My computer is running Windows 7. Any feedback would be appreciated !

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2013 - Identity Safe - Export to DAT File - Optional Password Fields Missing

I have used the Identity Safe export (backup facility) in Norton Internet Security 2013 for the first time since upgrading (2 days ago). I am exporting to a DAT file. The optional fields to enter and confirm a password for the export are missing. However, the label that describes that the password is optional is still in the usual place in the dialog. My computer is running Windows 7. Any feedback would be appreciated !

Kudos0

Re: NIS 2013 - Identity Safe - Export to DAT File - Optional Password Fields Missing

martinfnw42 wrote:

Welcome.
I'm seeing the same thing. I'll ask about it.

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Hi,

Sorry for the issue you are facing. We are already tracking this issue with a defect.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

I have the identical problem with ID safe backup since upgrading to Norton 360 ver 20.1.1.2 running under Windows 7 Ultimate - makes me uneasy about security of my password backup files and also shakes my faith in Symantec's software QC process.

Kudos0

I am experiencing this same issue with Norton 360 v.20.1.1.2 on Windows Ultimate 64-bit.

Kudos2 Stats

I've made an interesting discovery.  Although the password and confirmation text boxes are not displayed, they are still there.  If you tab past the browse button and enter a password, then tab again and enter a confirmation (deliberately different than the original), you get an error dialog saying that the password and confirmation do not match.  So, the function is actually working, but the display is broken.

File Attachment: 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.