Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Product Update - 20.2.1 of Norton 360
Dear Norton Community,
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline release of Norton 360 and we are ready to release the patch for English users.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required for Windows XP & Vista customers. No reboot will be required for Windows 7 or Windows 8 customers.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton 360 will be 126.96.36.199.
Please Note: The patch is currently available to ENGLISH users ONLY. We will be releasing the patches in other regions soon.
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 188.8.131.52.
Please note that all Norton 360 customers running version 20.x with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the new Norton products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the newest version by visiting the Norton Update Center.
2. When will I receive the patch?
This update is currently available through LiveUpdate. If you have not received the patch, please restart your system and run LiveUpdate manually.
3. How can I manually install the patch?
This update is currently available through LiveUpdate.
4. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes introduced in Norton 360 20.2.1:
- Added ability to configure Toolbar "Share" feature. [see thread]
- Fixed issues logging into Norton Account to access Online Storage.
- Fixed problems with unintended logouts from Norton Account.
- Updated for Firefox 18 compatibility [see announcement]
- Corrected Norton Safe Web spelling mistake "Satistics".
20.2.1 also contains MANY changes and fixes from the previous version. Some of these changes include:
- Fixed an issue where header rows in lists (eg. Security History, Program Control) would move when scrolling through list.
- Corrected some instances were ccSvcHst.exe may crash or hang under Windows XP.
- Re-added missing Calendar in the Custom Scan and Backup Scheduling User Interfaces.
- Corrected an issue where you would have to sign-in to your Norton Account multiple times to configure Online Backup.
- Corrected display issue with Security Status Tile on Mail User Interface. (link)
- Fixed an instance where multiple Download Insight notifications would display constantly. (link)
- Installation now displays proper Incompatibility Alert when attempting to install on Windows Vista SP0 (Service Pack 1 and above required).
- Corrected a compatibility issue with CCLeaner's Registry Scan. (link)
- Corrected an issue that caused a delay in loading the Norton Tray Icon. (link)
- General enhancements around Windows 8 compatibility.
- Overall Product Performance Improvements.
- Support for Mozilla Firefox 18.
- Performance enhancements for Norton Identity Safe.
- Enhanced Rebootless Patching feature (Rebootless Patching not supported on Windows XP or Vista)
… and many more!
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!