• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2 Stats

Whats up with the Cloud 7 EP false positive thing? I thought it was suppose to be fixed?

I just renewed and upgraded my Norton subscription and now I get constantly hit with the message about the suspicious Cloud 7 EP threat. This is a false positive and I thought it was suppose to be fixed with the newer upgrades but it is not working on my PC. This is messing my PC up. I am ready to throw in the towel...

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Whats up with the Cloud 7 EP false positive thing? I thought it was suppose to be fixed?

I just renewed and upgraded my Norton subscription and now I get constantly hit with the message about the suspicious Cloud 7 EP threat. This is a false positive and I thought it was suppose to be fixed with the newer upgrades but it is not working on my PC. This is messing my PC up. I am ready to throw in the towel...
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Whats up with the Cloud 7 EP false positive thing? I thought it was suppose to be fixed?

ClaudiaKochJones wrote:

Welcome,
When was the last time you ran live update and then rebooted and then ran a fulll scan?

Thanks

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos2 Stats

For past week norton has been spamming an alert of "suspicious cloud 7 ep" and when i look at the file it refers to i see:

c:\users\.....\appdata\local\Intel\ygrtronc.dll

My computer is running at a snails pace now and cpu usage is at 100%.  I've ran full norton scan twice (after update each time to check for updates).  I have also ran anti malware software which did not fix the problem.

Kudos1 Stats

I get constantly hit with the message about the suspicious Cloud 7 EP threat. Today I uninstalled Nortons 360 and reinstalled and still get the message, it is driving me nuts!

Kudos1 Stats

I just did the erase thingy and re-installed Norton, and its giving me more non-stop false positives than before..and I cannot use my browser because the Norton program is tying up my browser "processing" the problem....**bleep**, should I remove Norton for good???

Kudos0

I'm having the same mess with IE and Firefox. My PC slowsdown drasticly.

After updating I restarted and run scan, but it didn't solve anything.

Kudos1 Stats

Since last post i've ran many anti-malware programs which found nothing.  I've also ran a complete system check directly through dell.com website (PC Doctori believe) and other than a few updates to drivers there was nothing else that was found.  My CPU usage is constantly at 100% with fan going full speed which has ever rarely occurred.

My problem still continues, Norton continuously ... and i mean continuously flashes up warnings about "suspicious.cloud.7.ep" and just now i aquired the infamous FBI Greendot MoneyPak virus which now has me thinking Norton is no longer working as it should.

I wish someone from Norton would put out a fix or instruct us on how to correct this issue.   I'm strongly considering another anti-virus since it appears my computer is no longer being protected by Norton and viruses are getting through.

Kudos1 Stats

This is impressive from Norton.....I was just awarded with  a "newbie' disignation, but my computer is still running like **bleep**e....solve the problem for us Norton, or give us our money back.

Kudos1 Stats

Sign me up for the same malady.

This Suspicious Cloud business just showed up in the last 2 or 3 days/

Appears to show itself EVERY minute while I'm online.  I'm sure it's sucking resources.

updated Norton 360 found nothing . MWB found one virus (sorry can't recall) = ThThe URL source?? is 1 Pavlick or similar.

HELP??

Kudos1 Stats

I too am having this horrible problem. Has anyone discovered how to fix this yet. My computer is about useless with this happening. Please advise. Norton - will you be issuing a fix to your problem. So many people have this, I would surely hope you will offer a fix and very soon.

Anyone have something that worked for them?  Thanks.

Kudos0

Run Norton Power Eraser, I just fixed mine

Kudos0

First down load Toolbar Cleaner from Visicom (free)and remove any unnecessary plug-ins from your browsers. Next down load Norton Power Eraser (NPE), also free. I do not have the link so just do a web search Norton suspicious cloud 7, the Norton link should be one of your first options. If you have any problems with getting to any of this I'll check back and see if I can provide links.  

Kudos1 Stats

Hi M1keF,

Here is a link to the Tutorial for the Norton Power Eraser whichi includes the download link.  Please read the cautionin regards to it being an aggressive cleaner.   If you do not know what you are removing, you can come back ehre for advise.  There are also links at the end of the tutorial with addtional information about the NPE!

Kudos0

Get that ever fixed?

I'm not a computer expert and don't know what to erease or not. That is why I'm paying for programs like this one. I'm not able to write a full sentence online without getting stuck, because of the same annoyning alert over and over again.

Kudos0

If I am not wrong, did I not see that Power Eraser cost $99??? Norton seems to be getting expensive. I cant even log onto my Norton account because it still has my old email address which I changed but it's stuck on old one!!! UGH!!

Kudos2 Stats

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue and we are looking into this.

To Investigate further please submit the file via the Web submission portal.

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/standard/ ) . You will be sent a submission tracking number. Report back with tracking number.

Note: Please make sure you read the instructions for submitting file before uploading.

Thanks,

Sunil G A
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corp.

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Mine is now working wonderfully thanks to Norton. I didnt want to do it myself so my smart hubby called our local (and also friends business) as to what ph # to call, etc. to contact Norton and my call was answered promptly, courteously, and within one hour they did all the work and made it easy for me. NOTE: You must have also paid for the extra protection other than the simple version of Norton, If I understood properly. Anyway, it only cost me $99 bucks but well worth not having to take my hard drive into a store and waiting for days hoping it didnt get damaged. I sat right here and they did the work!!! Thumbs up Now!!!

Kudos0

Even with a simple version I'm not having to bring my harddrive to the store, when Norten screws up.

Kudos0

Hi everyone,

For those of you seeing this popup, could you provide us with a few things?

1) a screenshot of the popup message

2) the full path (file location of where the threat is said to reside)

3) any other details you can provide about messages you receive

This information would be very helpful. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I sure hope Norton issues a fix to this soon. My laptop that did not have any problems, now is totally messed up thanks to Norton. We purchased what we thought was a great anti virus (Norton 360) and now my computer barely runs. We called support and oh we can sell you yet another program that might help. Uh, I don't think so. Your program caused this mess and now I hope you can fix it. Sorry for being upset, but there is a lot of time and money invested in computers and some costumer service with a bit of understanding and solutions are in order. Hoping for a solution SOON. Thank you for your assistance.
Kudos0

I started getting a bunch of these “Suspicious.Cloud.7.ep” messages shortly after watching a YouTube video.  I am running Norton 360, version 20.3.1.22.  I read a bunch of information on the internet and tried everything to try and stop getting these notices.  I also spent a fair amount of time trying to understand what this  "Suspicious.Cloud.7.ep" is and if there is any real harm (other than making my computer run slower than molasses in January), and came to the conclusion that this is a heuristic type of problem.   I was able to stop getting this annoying message by doing the following:

1)      Open  Norton 360

2)      Open Settings

3)      Under Detailed Settings, open Antivirus

4)      Click on the "Scans and Risk" tab

5)      Turn OFF Heuristic Protection

So far this has stopped the Suspicious.Cloud.7.ep from popping up all the time and my computer appears to be working fine.

I would like to get Norton’s though on if this is a safe and acceptable approach (or work around) for this problem and that I am not opening up my computer for any other risks?

Kudos0

It is not a false positive. It seems to be a threat. Norton blocks it. But it needs Manuel removal.

Steps to remove it

Step 1. Locate the file path from Norton Security History

Step 2. Run NPE

Step 3. If NPE is not fixing the issue, restart PC to safe mode and manually remove the file.

It usually comes under folder c:\users\currentuser\appdata\local\ *.dll

Kudos0

Also clear the temporary files on your computer

Kudos0

I had the same problem.  I downloaded and used the Norton Power Erasere (NPE) for free and it got rid of the problem.  Follow directions exactly.. 

http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

Kudos0

Since 6/4/13 I too had the problem. Norton Power Eraser did not identify the bad file on the first attempt. Since it had worked for others, a few hours later I ran it again and it identified and removed the bad file. On my computer it was file C:\users\dave\appdata\local\corel\cwhwydxs.dll. This indeed solved the problem but I was concerned as Corel is the software that came with my Sony Windows 7 laptop to play Blu-Rays. Sure enough, now a blu-ray movie will not play. I rarely play blu-rays on my laptop so not a big problem. I tried downloading Corel updates from the Sony support site, but Blu-Rays still will not play. I obviously do not want to reinstall the bad file. Any options other than downloading and paying for new Blu-Ray player software?

Kudos0

"............Sony Windows 7 laptop to play Blu-Rays..................."

If the software and drivers came with the Sony Laptop / Notebook,  Look up the system make and model number on sony's website and they should have a the software / drivers downloads.

HP, Compaq, ASUS, etc do.

Quads

Kudos0

I get the Cloud.7.EP warning constantly. I've done a full scan which detected nothing and I downloaded and used NPE which did not fix the problem. The path is C:\program files (x86)\DnsBasic\dnsbasic.dll

Kudos0

SRY wrote:

I get the Cloud.7.EP warning constantly. I've done a full scan which detected nothing and I downloaded and used NPE which did not fix the problem. The path is C:\program files (x86)\DnsBasic\dnsbasic.dll

It's classed as a PUP.

There is a Malware biard.

Quads

Kudos0

I noticed the Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP popup since June 1st. In the bottom-right corner Norton Internet Security says that the problem has been resolved - though it makes me worry that this problem keeps reappearing. Even though as of now nothing in my computer's running speed has been impacted, I worry that in the future the file might become more of a problem.

Norton says that the file is located in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Skype\gucfomzy.dll

I found the file but how should I go about deleting it? I saw Norton Power Eraser mentioned earlier in the thread, but would it accidentally delete other important files? Would uninstalling Skype (in my case) solve the problem, or is it possible to delete the file manually?

When I was searching up Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP it seems other people had infected Flash Player files instead of Skype ones? Is that true?

Thanks for any suggestions/comments you guys may have. I kind of just want to see what other people say before deciding on a course of action for the file because at least for right now, my computer is running fine.

EDIT to below: I have Version 19 Norton Internet Security (purchased last year)

Kudos0

So is this happening just with the 2013(or version 20) products?
Kudos0

I have version 20.3.1.22 and have been getting the message since 30 May.

Kudos0

Users are on this thread where is is NOT a False Positive.

Quads

Kudos0

I was afraid to download and try the Norton Power Eraser as I feared that I would really mess something up even worse than I was. My wonderful husband did it for me and I have not had that "Pesky" Norton Cloud 7 popping up every 15 seconds. At least it has not done so in the last half hour. Thank you hubby! 

I do believe there is a direct link with something that was included with an update from Norton 360.  So many people got it this last week and all seem to be running Norton 360. We also just renewed ours about 2-3 weeks ago and we got that nasty notification shortly there after. Kudos to my husband!

Kudos0

Cloud 7 EP is a Symantec detection name and not the likes of AVG and other AV's,  that is why it is Norton detecting a object with that name.

Quads

Kudos0

So I'm running norton power eraser and it asks me to delete the following files:

Gucfomzy.dll
Ngmsetup.exe
Xauxixsr.exe.part

I know from my post on the previous page that I need to delete gucfomzy.dll
But what do the other files do? I assume I should leave the other two files alone.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: ngmsetup.exe turns out to be a game file that I don't really care if I delete or not (since all I want is to ensure the threat is gone.). I'm still not sure what xauxixsr.exe.part is, and a google search doesn't get me anything. Anyone know if it is important?
Kudos0

In the instructions it says when these files come up if you are unsure you should click on the "cloud" and it will go out and run some new information and let you know if it should be deleted or not. Hope you get yours fixed. My husband did it to mine last night and my system is now runniong good again. :)

Kudos0

FWIW:

I used Norton Power Eraser and it appears to have done the job.

Normal Norton 360 (full) Scan showed nothing.

MW Bits found one offending file (and removed it) but did not cure the problem (The constant processing was, apparently, soaking up all the computer's resources.

Applied Norton Eraser and it found 3 funly files. It successfully removed one but reported "failed" on the other two (Sorry, can't recall the names). 

In any event, all appears well now.      YMMV

Kudos0

Thanks maryft for the reply.

I used Norton Power Eraser to just delete gucfomzy.dll and everything works fine now - smooth speed and no annoying popups. Thanks for everyone else's comments on this thread.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.