Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
The NEW Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus Have Been Released!
The latest version of our popular Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus security products are now available!
New versions of Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are now available for purchase at the Symantec Store - http://www.norton.com.
If you are an existing customer with an active subscription to Norton Internet Security or Norton AntiVirus (2006 or newer), you can update to the latest version for FREE. To do this, simply go to http://updatecenter.norton.com and select Update Me Now.
Here are some of the new features in this release:
- Advanced repair – An increasingly common byproduct of a modern malware infection is damage to critical Windows system files, requiring a time-consuming reinstall of the operating system. Drawing on Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network, new advanced repair capabilities leverage a broader set of Internet-connected resources to repair Windows system files that have been broken or crippled by malware, faster and with greater consistency.
- Improved SONAR engine – Protecting against malware is a cat-and-mouse game in which we are continually challenged to improve our products in response to changes in malware techniques. This year we significantly improved the behavioral-based protection engine called SONAR, which operates on the premise that while the physical nature of malware changes, its behavior often does not. As a result, SONAR now allows the latest products to discover and shut down malware that attempts to disguise its bad behavior by operating inside legitimate Windows processes.
- SONAR-assisted remediation and cleanup – Understanding what happened after a malware attack can be as tricky as deconstructing a crime scene. SONAR helps with the removal and cleanup of malware attempts by saving the evidence of the attack for later use by Norton’s repair technologies. This remediation helps to ensure that all traces of a malware attack are removed and a system is returned to its original state.
- Simpler setup and management – For users who prefer to install via Web download or who don’t have a CD/DVD drive, this release improves the installation and setup experience. Users can quickly download and install the latest version of their product for their device type and subsequently ensure that all their devices are protected.
- Faster performance – We know our users don’t want security getting in the way of their normal day-to-day interactions as they use their PC. So each year, we’ve made it a goal to keep improving the speed of our performance while ensuring that we continue to deliver world-class protection. This release continues to raise the bar. Based on recent testing, compared with last year’s releases, we have improved boot time by 15 percent, install speed by 10 percent and memory usage during scan by 100MBs, resulting in our fastest and lightest performance yet. (Source: PassMark, August 2013)
- Enhanced Norton Identity Safe – This release brings a whole new look to our password management tool. It also includes improved form filling, with drag-and-drop functionality and full vault searches available directly from the toolbar to help manage passwords even more securely and conveniently.
Learn more by visiting these links:
The Public Beta for Norton 21.x is still going on and we plan to have new beta test builds available for the next several weeks. To get the new Beta builds when they become available, keep your current Beta build installed and the new build will be made directly available to you. Keep an eye on the Norton 21.x Beta Forum for more information as it becomes available.
If you do not wish to continue on beta testing, please restore the backup image you made before beta testing. If you didn't create a backup image, please uninstall the beta build COMPLETELY (do not save settings) before installing the released version. To uninstall, simply go to Control Panel, select Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs), select the Norton beta, and click on Uninstall.
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus Community Forums!