• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe has crashed - Chrome/Norton Internet Security ver. 21.1.0.18

Running version 33.0.1750.154 m of Chrome, but this has been happening almost daily in the last 2-3 versions of Chrome. Machine is running Windows 8.1 with all updates installed. Just happened to me again on the Google search page, which I note is using HTTPS. In fact, I think it always starts when on the Google search page. 

Perhaps someone has some ideas? Is this a know bug being worked on?

Thanks,

Pat

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe has crashed - Chrome/Norton Internet Security ver. 21.1.0.18

Hi, patruns.This is a known issue partly due to the way Google now handles 3rd party extensions, and Symantec are working to fix the problem.

Tony Weiss started a thread for Chrome 32, which is still being added to.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Google-Chrome-32-Compatibility-issues-with-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/1085059

Sometimes,bringing Norton Fully up to date, and then downloading a full version of Chrome rather than using the in browser auto update, can help compatibility.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity Safe has crashed - Chrome/Norton Internet Security ver. 21.1.0.18

I get this too,refreshing the pages seems to put it right, but still a pain. had this fault for several weeks now.

Kudos0

I have a similar problem with Chrome Version 33.0.1750.154 m and earlier versions, although I am using Windows 7 pro, and the latest version of N360

Kudos0

I followed the other thread, but I don't see that Norton has confirmed they have resolved the issue yet. Hope there is an official resolution/patch soon.

Kudos0

Hi All,

Why don't you update your Norton product to v 21.2.0.38, and if you still have the issue try a fresh install of Chrome, as already suggested by Guru F4E's ?

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.