• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Cannot enter my account from 360 menu or request for registration.

Keep getting message "We are unable to proceed with Norton account at this time.  Please try again later."  HAve been unable to register product as requested and cannot enter account from Norton 360 menu.  

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Cannot enter my account from 360 menu or request for registration.

Hi,

I'll see if I can get someone to check this for you.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

If this is a new installation of 360, what security software was on the system before? You need to fully remove that with the removal tool for that software.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello, 

I think this error occurs when  the Norton program is trying to activate on the computer. have you received any error number? 

you can go ahead and restart the computer and then try to register back 

keep us posted if restarting the computer will fix it 

Kudos0

It was not a new install.  This has been going on since my renewal.  I reloaded 360 to possibly clear the problem but no luck. What kind of security software would cause this problem?

Kudos0

Hi somewhereman,

While awaiting an answer to Krusty13's request for assistance, have you tried to go to Support > Subsciption Status or Support > Enter Product Key on the main page of N 360?

Kudos0

Hi Somewhereman,

When you launch main UI, you will see 'signin' option or 'Logged in as:'. If you are logged in, log out once and re-login again. If you have 'signin' option, try to login to NA from there and check if it works.

Thanks!

Kudos1 Stats

Hello guys,

I had a chat with Norton Support techy and they said they are aware of this issue. This issue has been reported to Symantec. So no worries, we might get a fix soon :)

Happy to help

Come back if you require more. Happy to Help
Kudos0

Hey guys..

I am back with workaround for this issue

If you have trouble in logging out from main window or enabling backup, try out the below steps

1) First Reboot your system

2) Sign out from main ui (Now it will work, if you close and reopen the main window again , sign out will not work :( )

3) Enable backup

Turn back for any queries

Kudos0

Hi aider_h,

Thanks for the workaround (?) although I have to ask you to try the sign out from Norton Account again later (after the system has been up for awhile).

This sounds similar to what was reported below:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Cannot-Access-Identity-Safe-Vault-via-NIS-2014/m-p/1088247/highlight/true#M17532

as part of this thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Account-Sign-in-error/td-p/1109426/highlight/true

You'll see the situations seems to be intermittent if you read that thread.

Kudos0

Hey yank,

Do you say that the issue is intermittent?

I still see this issue in my machine. I was able to log out from my main window immediately after rebooting the machine. But if i try to log out twice or thrice the issue occurs again.. As part of workaround we could reboot the machine ang try logging out from main window immediately.

Kudos0

Hi All,

NA Sign out issue from main UI is different from getting 'We are unable to proceed with Norton account at this time'.

Fix for 'NA sign out' will be available in next inline release.

Somewhereman,

Can you please do as Aider mentioned - restart PC and try to sign out in the first launch of main UI. Once sign out is successful, try to login to your account and register (through 'Access Norton Account in product'). Hope this wont throw error again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.