Norton Security 7.6 for Mac is now available!
Norton Security 7.6 for Mac is now available via LiveUpdate. To download this update, simply run LiveUpdate.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
Below FAQ's addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
- This patch is available via LiveUpdate.
2. What are the languages this update is available for?
- All supported languages.
3. What's new?
- Introducing Norton Clean for Mac - More details
- New installation flow to authorize Norton Kernel Extension.
- New standalone browser extensions (Safe Web, Home Page and Safe Search) for Safari & Firefox
- New SafeWeb for Google Chrome along with IDSafe Extension (new for Mac) - Supported for OSX 10.10 and above. (However for older OSX (10.9 and below), the existing legacy browser extensions will continue to work.)
4. Changes & Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Norton for Mac 7.5 will not launch
- Fixed an issue where Norton product user interface says 'Pending'
- Fixed an issue where nothing happens when attempted to add Norton Extension for Safari
- Fixed an issue where “Norton Extension for Safari cannot communicate with the Norton Security” appears on Safari browser
- Fixed an issue where customers gets 'An error occurred while installing the extension “Norton Security”'
- Fixed an issue where “Norton Extension for Chrome cannot communicate with the Norton Security” appears on Chrome
- Fixed an issue where No Restart prompt seen by the user for Message: “At Risk: Your Vulnerability Protection definitions are not up-to-date. Your Mac may be at risk.”
- Fixed an issue where Full System scan errors out “Scan Error “- (Your Mac is at risk from viruses and spyware.)
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the Norton for Mac forum board.