Product Update - 21.7 of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security & Norton 360
[Updated: Version 21.7 has released for Comcast Norton Security Suite]
[Update: Version 188.8.131.52 has released for ALL Languages via LiveUpdate]
Dear Norton Community,
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360 184.108.40.206 and Comcast Norton Security Suite 21.7 and have released the update. This update is available for all languages.To download it, simply run LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner; See the below FAQ's for details. A reboot will be required for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 customers.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About.
The FAQ's below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 220.127.116.11
Please note that all Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus and Norton 360 customers running version 21.x with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the latest version of NIS, NAV, or N360 products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the newest version of NIS, NAV, or N360 by visiting the Norton Update Center. This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.
5. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the new feature and fixes in NIS/NAV/N360 21.7:
- Added a new optional Norton Home Page (http://search.norton.com) feature for Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers to use Norton Safe Search as your home page to protect all your searches from phishing and other risky sites.
Norton Home Page is supported in the following browsers:
• Internet Explorer (version 8.0 or later)
• Firefox (latest version and two previous versions)
• Chrome (latest version)
Note: For Chrome, Norton Home Page is added as a separate extension.
For more info please see Norton Knowledge base : Norton Home Page
- Fixes an “Installation Repair” issue - [Link]
- Address an issue where Norton 360 Product crashes when restoring data from backup
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!