Solved.
Kudos1 Estatísticas

My Norton Secure VPN connection keeps dropping.

Running Windows 10.  My Norton Secure VPN which is set to automatically connect, keeps losing connection.  This has been happening for 2-3 days. now.  Anyone else having a similar issue... or have a solution?

Thanks

Barb

Solução aceita
Kudos0

Re: My Norton Secure VPN connection keeps dropping.

have you got a web safe function running eg if you are on virgin or sky you need to switch it off, then switch on VPN. Switch web safe back on and should beok from then. Had same problem last year and had no problems since

Respostas

Kudos0

Hi,

I have the same problem. I reset my laptop yesterday (Windows 10, not compatible with Windows 11) and I had to reinstall most of my software. When I checked Norton 360 I noticed my VPN keeps disconnecting.

- Norton keeps informing me that my IP disappears from the NortonSecureVPN adapter.

- Norton blocks unauthorized access of svhost.exe in the system32 folder (create file). I ran Mbam.exe and found nothing.

- I checked if there is a software conflict between Norton and my other software (most notably Mbam.exe). I do not think this is the problem after eyeballing the security history and exception rules (no other logs besides the two I reported).

- Drivers and Windows 10 are up to date.

I would appreciate some help with this because it bothers me that I cannot use the VPN service.

Thanks!!

Kudos0

I tried re-installing Norton VPN, but error still happens.  The message that pops up, states that my internet AND vpn is disconnected.  My Internet connections remains "live" though.

Kudos0

As I mentioned in my question.  

I ran the network diagnostics from windows with the VPN still running.  It notified me the DNS server was not responding.  If I disable VPN and hit refresh my DNS remarkably responds right away. I can then restart VPN and continue on for some time.  I run multiple devices including windows 10 and windows 11.  Same issue.

A suggestion try using the microsoft store or Google app store while VPN is running mine will not load or allow me to access apps. But if I disable vpn all is good. 

Solução aceita
Kudos0

have you got a web safe function running eg if you are on virgin or sky you need to switch it off, then switch on VPN. Switch web safe back on and should beok from then. Had same problem last year and had no problems since

Kudos0

I am not aware that I do have a web safe function.  I am on comcast.  I'll do a little research on the comcast web site.  I've been on Comcast for quite some time now with no issues, but they could have added this function recently.

Thanks for the possible solution.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.