Mouse pointer/cursor keeps changing to an arrow with vertical scroll bar
Hello Norton Community:
I just purchased a refurbished ThinkPad T580 and after two months, it started giving me a vertical scroll bar with the arrow/cursor. I have done the following:
1. I performed a FULL Scan with Norton 360 for Windows and it found no virus or any kind of malicious malware.
2. I performed a FULL Scan with Windows Defender and it found no virus or any kind of malicious malware.
3. Then I decided to Scrubbed the SSD using Gutmann Method with 35 passes.
4. Then reimaged the Thinkpad T580 with the Official Lenovo Windows 10 Pro Image
5. Then I went ahead and configured Windows 10 Pro and the vertical scroll bar appeared again with the arrow/cursor.
Can anyone inform me if this is a malicious malware/virus latching onto some chip like the BIOS, Keyboard Circuitry, Touchpad Circuitry, etc.... that can never be rid of? Obviously, it couldn't have been on the SSD since I had scrubbed it with the Guttmann Method and 35 passes. Please anyone experiencing this @ Norton Community or Norton Technical Support, can you please inform me what is causing this and tell me how to resolve this issue? Many users are experiencing this phenomenon, not only on the Thinkpad T580 Model, but other models too. Kindly advise ASAP and give us all HOPE, Norton Technical Support.Image in Moderation