Este tópico do fórum precisa de uma solução
Kudos0

android phone scan from norton 360 for windows

I have norton 360 deluxe for windows on a windows 7 computer.

when i connect my android 13 phone to the computer via a USB cable, it discovers the phone and reaches its file contents as if it is a normal disk drive (it does not assign a drive letter though)

And when i want to scan the phone for viruses, i go to the scan options menu from the device protection and select drive scan but i cannot see my connected phone contents as a drive and cannot select it to be scanned.

what else can i do to scan my phone for viruses?

Labels: Windows 7

Respostas

Kudos0

Re: android phone scan from norton 360 for windows

shall the phone be like you can see it yes no if no you cant yes you can it does that in windows 10 11 so proberly also that in windows 7

Kudos0

Kudos1 Estatísticas

The second link in 9wood's post is the information you need here. You cannot scan Android devices from a Windows system because of the totally separate OS's. You need to install Norton 360 Android on your Android device. That app will have the necessary code to scan for Android based malware.

Kudos0

sorry, i couldn't understand clearly:(

Kudos0

The 1st link is about configurins USB drive scan configuration. My problem is that Norton 360 for windows doesn't recognize the mobile phone as a USB drive. that's what i want to solve...

the 2nd link is scanning the mobile phone from Norton 360 for Android, not from Norton 360 for windows

Still, thanks for trying to help:)

Kudos0

i provided what you asked or inquired about

1st link using a usb ( you stated windows 7 using a usb)

2nd link using android scan ( connecting your windows 7 by usb to your android phone you stated you were trying to attempt)

android is not the same format as a android device

Kudos0

my mobile phone is hacked. Norton 360 for Android was already installed on the phone. and the virus that the hacker installed on Android OS doesn't let me run Norton 360 that is installed on the mobile phone. That's why i'm asking for another solution out of the phone itself and the 2nd lilnk you mention cannot work for me.

And what i want to know is how to present "an android mobile phone connected to the PC via USB cable" as "a USB drive instead of a mobile phone" to Norton 360 for Windows so that i can select that USB drive to scan.

Hope it is clearer now:)

Kudos0

no, my phrases didn't include any of those two, totally misunderstanding:)

thanks for trying:)

Kudos0

Have you tried to restore to factory image and writing over all data on the phone?

Kudos0

teonorton:

my mobile phone is hacked. Norton 360 for Android was already installed on the phone. and the virus that the hacker installed on Android OS doesn't let me run Norton 360 that is installed on the mobile phone. That's why i'm asking for another solution out of the phone itself and the 2nd lilnk you mention cannot work for me.

And what i want to know is how to present "an android mobile phone connected to the PC via USB cable" as "a USB drive instead of a mobile phone" to Norton 360 for Windows so that i can select that USB drive to scan.

Hope it is clearer now:)

As I noted above, a Windows anti virus does not scan for Android malware. So even if you can get your Android device to connect to your Windows computer you would not be able to do any useful scan.

How have you determined that your Android device has been hacked? 

If your phone has been compromised, the factory reset would be the recommended solution.

Kudos0

not sure its clear what he is asking or expecting

i provided 2 links ( both of which relevent to his inquiry) seems to think he stated something else

now is stating his phone was "hacked" ( no mention in first post)

doesnt say how he suspects this or what type of hack

confused as to if  now is saying has norton 360 on  android phone or not, or if  expects the windows 360 to scan his android phone?

its on windows the 360 and not the phone? or on the phone and windows both?

if its on windows and not the phone than its different os ( android vs windows) general terms be like expecting a apple imac, ipad  or chrome book ( google and apple) to be same as a windows device software wise

so my question(s) are

is the norton 360 on your android phone?

is the norton 360 on the windows 7 ( yes you stated windows 7)?

how did you discover or come to notice this hack?

what type of hack?

various types of hacks as there is malware or other type of things than can occur

Kudos0

No, because i need my data on the phone. First, i have to backup my data. And before backing up my data (which has virus) i have to clean it using Norton 360, etc. so that my backed up data is virus free. (After backing up my data, i will factory reset of course)

Kudos0

I think we have a communication problem,  still misunderstading. no offense, thanks for your help:)

Kudos0

Yes i know android and windows are different OS's. what i asked is how can i present my phone to Norton 360 for Windows AS AN EXTERNAL USB DRIVE "indepent from its android identity"

Yes, it is undoubtfully hacked. of course i'll do the factory reset, but first i have to clean the phone (if possible) and backup my data before factory reset. That's the reason i'm here

Kudos0

@teonorton

I will add my opinion to others who have posted here and tell you that there is no way to accomplish what you are intending to do.

If you had setup your Android 13 phone to backup your data to a cloud like Google or Samsung both which backup automatically you can retrieve from there. If those backup files have been infected then you are out of options.

Goodluck with your issue.

Kudos0

yes i have them. but of course infected. that's why i'm trying to scan and clean (if possible) the phone:(

Kudos0

Today, I came accross a solution suggestion after a web search.

It says we can install a web and/or ftp server software on android phone, connect it to the same network with the windows computer, access the android phone from the windows computer as a network location using its IP address/port etc., and map a network drive letter from the computer, and use this drive letter when running the antivirus software on the computer (i.e. Norton 360 for windows in our case)

I haven't tried it yet since i need to search for a web/ftp server software for android. I shared it here just to provide you with another idea, perhaps you have an opinion?

Kudos0

My opinion remains unchanged. 

Good luck with this software and network mapping. 

Kudos0

just a tip but if your phone or windows 7 has a virus and or malware doing a factory reset will not remove it, it will remain it the memory

it may lessen or slow the issue but it will not be removed

Kudos0

The server option sounds like something that you really need to know what you are doing before trying it. 

What kind of data are you feeling has been compromised? One thought I had was to try to email those files to yourself and open them on the PC. They will be scanned by Norton on the PC. If they are clear of malware, you are free to delete them from the phone and reset the phone to factory. Or if you are really worried that even a reset will not help you can dump that and get a replacement.

Kudos0

only my android phone is infected, not my windows computer.

btw, i won't factory reset the phone myself. Samsung Authorized technical service will completeley delete all software in the phone hardware and install new clean software. so i don't worry about that. but if myself would do it, the main software wouldn't be deleted, i know, thank you for reminding:)

Kudos0

i have no idea what and where is compromised:( another way is use the USB OTG port on the phone and backup the phone contents automatically (or copy not the apps but only the data files manually) to a USB flash drive and scan this USB drive from the computer. (There are dual port USB drives with USB-C and USB-A connectors which you can use both on Android phones and Windows computers for quick file exchange). The app.s can be re-installed after factory reset (although it's a time consuming process) and the phone settings can be given up:(

P.S. for web server thing, I'm an IT professional:) 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.