Kudos0

Why doesn't back up initiate? Keep getting message Awaiting agent backup and does this for hours

Back up doesn't start started a few days ago when I try to back up all I get is "Awaiting agent backup."  It's not progressing past this stage.  Any ideas?  I' running Mac OSX Mountain Lion.

Respostas

Kudos0

Re: Why doesn't back up initiate? Keep getting message Awaiting agent backup and does this for hours

Hello Marduino,

Agent awaiting backup is the software working. it is taking your current files and comparing them to what is backed up. This is so we dont rebackup the files that have not changed. If this has not answered your question please feel free to reply to the tread and I will try to help you understand it fully.

Michael: Technical Account Manager NAM
Kudos0

Re: Why doesn't back up initiate? Keep getting message Awaiting agent backup and does this for hours

Hello marduino

Is awaiting agent backup being displayed for a long period of time?

Do you see any change in the icon on your Mac when the backup itself is initiated?

Kudos0

The icon would do nothing (the little blue icon would not show). And when I logged onto muy back up home it would say awating agent and there you could see it doing something but would never really start transferring files or finish.   After rebooting a few times and a day later I was finally able to backup.  Thanks

Kudos0

Good to hear it's resolved. Based on the info you've provided it definitely was an issue where the client's connection to the web back-end was getting blocked. Since a reboot resolved the issue its a likely chance it was related to updates or the connection itself timing out. If it surfaces again let us know so we can then delve into it further.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.