Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: MoneyPak FBI virus. Green Dot

pord2548 wrote:

In safemode, download , install and run Malwarebytes' Antimalware program. I Got the @#^%# yesterday and this takes care of it. I already had the program on my computer but when I got Norton's Internet Security Suite they said to disable it because it conflicts with Norton products. It's FREE and detected the MoneyPak/FBI/DNS Changer crap as Trojan.Ransom.FGen on my computer. I promise this will get rid of it.

Dave

I don't need your instructiions,  maybe you need what one user has, which is FBI MoneyPak with Zeroaccess and MaxSS (own partition).

Quads

Visitor
Gabe

Ok I will try to figure out how to do that.

Thank you

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Gabe 

Go to the Board that is your product and find the "New Message" Button

Quads

tmfcfadden

Quads, if you're going to constantly be a jerk, and never off any helpful advice to people with real problems, maybe you should find something else to do with your time than get on these forums.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You can disappear, no probs

I have removed 100's of infections here with people that, follow instructions and do as I asked.

"and never off any helpful advice to people with real problems,"

Good False Statement

As for FBI MoneyPak, look no http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic461124.html  NO SAFE MODE

hahahahahaha

I have systems to fix for users that follow instructions than someone just being a annoyance.

Quads

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

From another user, there are message similar around

Re: the trojans have attacked! gen, gen.2, zeroaccess, zeroaccess.b

Thank you so much quads! I've learned my lesson about shady websites, no more random clicking :smileyembarrassed:. I'm so grateful for your help and hope that the people you volunteer to help become better at reading carefully and understanding your directions and warnings. It's amazing to me, how many people all of a sudden think they know better (while waiting for your replies, I read through a ton of other threads you were working on to get an idea of what the process would be like). Yet, you continue attempting to help others, not knowing if they're going to be smart a**es or not. That is extremely admirable to me, knowing that I wouldn't have the will to keep volunteering if I came across so many people like them. You've not only saved my computer but the money I would have had to spend on geek squad or something instead of textbooks for my last year of college.

Anyway, Thank you again for volunteering your time!!

Visitor
4expert4

Hi,

Yes for sure it is a virus/rogue which sometimes wont even let you to log into Normal mode. But its easier to remove when you are in safe mode with removal tools.

Try this automatic removal tool:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ (download it in safe mode or install from USB drive)

Or use manual removal instructions :

Visitor
4expert4

Sorry I forgot to mention, that first of all try to do a system restore.

To start system restore from the safe mode command prompt proceed as follows:

1. Boot your Computer, during the startup  sequence constantly tap the F8 key on your keyboard

2. From menu select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt

3. If asked - log on as Administrator. If you have not set an administrator password then simply press Enter

4. The Command Prompt should now appear

5. Now type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe  or C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe and then press Enter