How To Get the New Norton Update In Time to Upgrade to Windows
Customers who wish to receive the update now, or who plan to update to Windows 10 before receiving the update can follow the steps below.
1. Click the “New Version Check” link from the support menu.
2. Select “continue” to proceed with the update.
3. Click the link to start the download.
4. Confirm that you want to run the downloader.
5. Wait while the downloader runs.
6. Begin the installation by selecting “Agree & Install.”
7. Select whether to reboot your machine now, or later.
Once your Norton product is ready for Windows 10, be sure to protect your computer and data during the upgrade process. Here are some of the best practices when upgrading to a new operating system:
Back up your data. Even though the migration may state that your data will survive, this is super important in case of any problems that may arise during installation.
Make sure you have access to any important software installers and drivers before you begin. Many manufacturers will have released updates to their software and drivers before you upgrade. Make sure these are available to you and if the manufacturer requires it, install them before you begin your migration.
Be patient and give yourself plenty of time. Upgrading to a new operating system can take some time, so grab a cup of coffee or tea, something to read and sit back and relax while the software does its thing.
- Have a fallback strategy. Sometimes things happen and you may need to do a clean installation instead of an upgrade. This is where backing up is extremely important. It’s not terribly inconvenient to have to reinstall programs that you use, but it’s downright awful if you don’t have the data that you created safely stored somewhere. When in doubt, call support.