• 论坛
    • 创意
    • 博客
高级

不是您要找的? 咨询专家!

此论坛帖文需要解决方案。
好评0

Norton 360 v22.5.2.15 Colors on Win 7 Pro

Has anyone at Norton actually seen the appearance of their color scheme?  What colors they use are hideous, and to make it worse, it is almost impossible to see text and additional panels that are open.  Will any effort be made to correct this?  I use Windows 7 Professional with my Window color scheme set to Basic with no Aero effects ... purely 'plain-jane'.  I will never use Win 10 ... I will go to Linux first.  The question is whether or not I'll stay with Norton.  IMO, Norton has forced a Win 10 upgrade on all OSs without thought to what the effects are to non-Win 10 users.  Where is their legacy support?  Are 'all hands' trying to salvage the Win 10 effort?  What aggravates me is that little effort is needed to make the visual aspect at least minimally usable.  No coding is necessary to change it's basic colors/appearance.  Who makes these judgment calls?  I think that this Product Manager should be removed like a PUP/PUM.  Harsh, but true.

Words of Wisdom: ["THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS"] - Grandparents [There has never been an original thought.] - Someone, I'm sure [I've spent my whole life 'polishing turds'] - Me
标签: Norton 360

回复

好评0

Re: Norton 360 v22.5.2.15 Colors on Win 7 Pro

If anyone from Norton doesn't believe me, I'll post screenshots to prove my case.  I doubt that the folks that can do anything about it will even be interested.  It's like the post I left on the MS Windows forum in support of many here who now can't get Norton to run.  I merely stated the fact that many Norton users are having new problems relating to Windows changes.  Not a 'peep' out of them ... sounds familiar?

- Art

Words of Wisdom: ["THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS"] - Grandparents [There has never been an original thought.] - Someone, I'm sure [I've spent my whole life 'polishing turds'] - Me
好评1 Stats

Hi, Art. I run Windows 7, and have the theme set to Basic. I can view all the text etc on NSBU fine, even without glasses !

NIS and 360 was updated to a similar UI as the new products, to ensure unformity through the range.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/au/home/current/solutions/v111382660_En...

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version
好评0

F4E -

I'll post some screenshots.  A little bit later.  I'll also check my display settings, but one things for sure is that my resolution is set to 1080p.

BBL - Art

好评1 Stats

hi Art

The Norton UI and windows that open when clicking options appear clear and readable on my various devices from Vista to Windows 7/8/10.

I appreciate that the new colours will not suit all I thought the same when I still had the old Norton when seeing screen shots of the new design. I've had the new design for about 2 months and become used to it. I do remember similar comments when Norton went to the design used in v21.

Michael

好评0

Here (attached) is a screenshot of several Norton panels opened over a white background (typical).  Only the main Norton panel has any border.  Not very easy to navigate when you can't tell how many panels opened, nor even what they are.  Also text in drop-down menus is not distinctive and barely legible.  I have to figure out haw to capture that as the menu closes as soon as I change program to activate Snipping Tool, but I'll figure it out.  My third screenshot will be of the Identity Safe login menu when I try to "edit" the login.  The contrasting colors renders the "edit" text almost unreadable.  All pdf files are 300 dpi.  More to come.

= Art

文件附件: 
好评0

Notice the clarity of the text in the Windows Help window.  Compare that to the clarity of the Norton "+ New Login" text and the Search Icon (spyglass).  Just one more pdf file to go ...

文件附件: 
好评0

In this screenshot, I have erased my login information for privacy ... like you could read it anyways.  not.  Can you read the Login Title?  It's "bleepingcomputer.com".  Can you read my Login Name?  No.  Can you see the "Edit" option?  No.  I hope that this brings some clarity to my complaint (pun intended).  I can't believe that I'm the only person that has this problem with Norton.  I'm using Win 7 Pro, ATI AGP HD video card, VIZIO 35" HD LED backlight monitor set to 1080P.  Norton is the ONLY program that has these issues.  I could show more if you like ...

- Art

文件附件: 
好评1 Stats

Hi Art -

In addition to colors, part of your clarity problem may be due to the current system-level display-scaling setting (I noticed in your image that the IE scaling is currently at 125% - which by default "hints" from the system-level setting)... I realize it may seem odd that one can affect the other, but some scaler implementations can cause a small artifacting problem in the on-screen fonts renderer that is exacerbated by the current color pallet (think in terms of color-bleeding).

Many higher resolution setups (e.g. 1920x1080 and above) default to a setting of 125% (and above) of normal (on the Display driver). Try going into into Windows Display Settings, and check if this is the case with your current settings...

If so, you can try setting it to 100% (e.g. Normal), which usually then wants you sign-out then back into your Windows user account in order to "globally" effect the change.

Let us know if you try this, and if, as a result, you see any clarity improvement...

Cheers!
John

好评0

Hi John -

Thanks for the response.  The slightly blurred text that you see in those pdf images is due to the image translations that I had to perform to get a pdf file to upload, but the issue of the absence of panel boarders is still apparent.  First I used Snipping Tool to capture a jpg file.  Then I used Serif DrawPlus X4 to translate the jpg to a dpp file (DrawPlus native) file.  The I published a pdf file from that.  I tried to keep the DPI at 300, but still a little is lost in the translations.  The Forum says it will only allow txt, pdf, or zip files.  However, I have noticed since then that some folks have png files posted within the body of the post itself ... that would have helped, or just zipping the captured jpg file.  [DUH!]

Previously, I was using the Windows 7 Basic Theme with a solid black Desktop, and believe it or not, that was the problem ... not the 125% setting you mentioned.  I now use the Windows 7 Standard Aero Theme with solid black Desktop and the Norton color problem is gone!  I'm not sure if there was some anomaly with my video adapter, or not.  The lack of panel borders remains, and should be fixed.  Plus, it would be nice if they improve upon the overall 2-dimensional appearance of the program.  IMO it still looks like a half-baked Linux program.  I don't believe that program footprint/bloat is really an issue with todays PCs, so better aesthetics should not be a problem for Norton.   In a way, I've solved my own problem, for once.  A great big KUDOS for me!  lol  And thanks to all responders.

- Art

好评1 Stats

Next time you want to grab an image, try the following...

While the image you wish to grab is on-screen -
--- To capture the entire screen:   Press the [prt scn] key (on your keyboard).
--- To capture only the window/item that has focus:  Press the [alt] and [prt scn] keys simultaneously.

Now open Windows Paint (you'll find it under Start | All Programs | Windows Accessories) Note: assigning a Windows shortcut key to this tool can prove quite handy...you can do so by right-clicking the shortcut, and selecting "Properties" (FWIW, I like to assign the [Ctrl - Alt - P] key-combo to the Paint application on my systems).

Press the paste button on Paint's toolbar.

Now edit away (crop / annotate / highlight / etc.) on your capture to your hearts content...

When done with your editing, use Paint's "File | Save As" to create/save your "uploadable" Jpeg or Png file (that's somewhere handy on your system).

When ready to post your image to the forum, simply click the IMCE (Picture tool) button at the top of the editor box -then use the Upload and Insert buttons at the top of the dialog window that opens - to first "upload", then "insert", your image into your post...

Cheers!
John

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.