Norton Internet Security 2010 / Norton AntiVirus 2010 - NEW UPDATE 184.108.40.206 (Updated January 12th 2010)
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline releases of Norton AntiVirus 2010 / Norton Internet Security 2010 and we are ready to release the patches.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required once the update is applied.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help & Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security will be 220.127.116.11.
Download Intelligence and Norton File Insight may show inconsistent results ("Needs Attention") when files are downloaded immediately after applying the 17.5 patch. An additional reboot may be required to re-sync the two components.The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 18.104.22.168
Please note that all Norton Internet Security 2010 and Norton AntiVirus 2010 customers with a valid subscription will receive this update for free.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As a standard practice, we will be deploying the patch in a phased manner. On Monday, January 11th, we will be releasing the patch to some randomly selected customers. We will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problem reports or issues.
Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
Norton Internet Security 2010.5 and Norton AntiVirus 2010.5 are currently available only through LiveUpdate to users of the 2010 products. Visit the Norton Update Center to see if you're eligible for a free update to the 2010 products.
We are in the process of posting the full 17.5 installers. We will update this post when this is complete.
4. What are the changes in this release?
17.5 contains many changes and fixes from the previous version. Some of these changes include: - Fixed issue with Scheduled Scans after performing a Seamless Upgrade from the 2008 version.- Corrected various instances where ccSvcHst.exe would crash.- Improved overall performance.- Corrected an issue where localized characters would be displayed in Security History.- Improvements to the User Interface when using Netbook Edition.- Fixed an issue where Outlook Express would switch to Offline Mode when using Norton AntiSpam.- Corrected an issue where Norton AntiSpam may cause Email headers to parse incorrectly.- Fixed an issue where a 3040,40113 error may occur after installing the Norton Add-On Pack.- Fixed various issues submitted through WinQual
This patch also includes fixes from 17.1.
The following issues were fixed in the 17.1 patch:
- Corrected an issue with Quarantined files that occasionally prevent upgrading to 17.0 from older products.
- Updated Norton Insight to enhance its effectiveness.
- Corrected a forum reported issue regarding Exclusions and Help information.
- Fixed several licensing related WinQual reported errors.
- Corrected an issue with upgrading from 2009 to 2010.
- Corrected an issue with Firefox 3.5.3 to make sure the toolbar is shown.
- Corrected a Performance UI 1 day view issue so that details are correctly being viewed on the UI when a user selects activities.
- Corrected an issue that could produce a Blue Screen under certain conditions.
- Fixed issue relating to handle leak in ccSvcHst.exe.
- Corrected an issue where the Norton Toolbar was missing in Firefox.
Also included the changes from the previously released HotFixes:
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!Message Edited by Tim on 01-12-2010 06:55 PM