24/7 VPN connection

Note: Please do not post Personally Identifiable Information like email address, personal phone number, physical home address, product key etc.

Issue abstract:

Detailed description: I want to know whether the VPN stays active after I log off.

Product & version number:

OS details:

What is the error message you are seeing?

If you have any supporting screenshots, please add them:

Hello @Lucille_Surette
Welcome to the Norton Community!

Norton VPN for Windows does not stay active after you log off your Windows user account.
Because Norton VPN operates as a user-level application rather than a persistent system service, logging out of Windows terminates your active user session and closes all running software, including the VPN connection.

While Norton VPN for Windows features an “Always / Auto-Connect” setting, that setting only works while a user is actively logged into Windows. It cannot run at the Windows system layer before login or after logout.

Thank you very much for your reply and the links. I noticed I had closed Google Chrome briefly, and it reconnected when I returned. I’ll review those links closely. Thanks again.

1 Like

Done! Thanks for the step-by-step instructions. I’m not tech-savvy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like