Feedback re: Norton Utilities Ultimate

I’ve been a Norton user for many years, starting initially with all of the virus protection products. From time to I have taken advantage of the 60 day free trials of various products. Sometimes I do find these in product ads a bit intrusive having already paid good money for the a virus protection product.

Recently, I’ve signed up for a Norton Utilities Ultimate trial, it seems to work well but I’d like to make a couple of points:

  • Having set it to run daily at 7am, seeing that the last run was done 19 hours ago, doesn’t give me much confidence that it has happened. My PC turns on automatically at 6.30am, so I’d expect the autorun to run at 7am, does it?

  • Considering you can use the product on up to 10 machines, wouldn’t it make more sense for the cookies allowed list to apply to all the added websites on the various machines/phones etc. used rather than have to update this list for each one?

The trouble with this suggestion is that you may be sharing your 10 activations with other family members who don’t use their systems the same way you do. Your clearing of cookies for some site that others use could affect how the other user interacts with that site. And them clearing cookies from their installation could affect how you interact with a site.

1 Like

True