LiveUpdate Error 8920,223

Will the solution be posted here ? Or do i need to check myself ?

Hello

 

All I had to do was run live update manually and it had about 4 updates including 1 for the activity map. This was about an hour ago.

The only updates that seem to work are the pulse updates - every other update seems to fail.


Newfan wrote:

The only updates that seem to work are the pulse updates - every other update seems to fail.


Hi Newfan

 

Reboot your PC and then run a manual liveupdate to see if that resolves the issue.

hi

im getting the same issue it started just not updating the activity map now all updates fail .. this has to be a symantec problem as go try to dowload the npe that fails also on the website .. as i thought mebs i had a virus of somekind and tryed to run the npe but that failed due to not able to connect to the internet. so i tryed to dl it manualy from the website and gues what .. it wont dl it gives an error on the redirect page .

this is what the npe website says

 

Not Found

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the refering page

I started getting the same LiveUpdate failure this morning around 0820 (2011-03-11 0820 Z-7). It picks up the Pulse Update, but none of the others (they fail to complete). I downloaded the intelligent updater pack, but it won't run (claims the path is unknown, whether I run it on the desktop or on the root). I just hope this is a Symantec problem and not some malware that sneaked in. NAV 2011 did block an intrusion attempt on a rogue site a couple of days ago, but that seemed a successful block. I'm running XP SP2 and NAV 2011.

Same here . As I said on another thread, I can only get Pulse Updates, everything else fails. I hope this gets sorted out soon!

I'm having same issue as other, It was working fine till yesterday  March 10 10pm US ET.

This morning at around 7am when I did manual update, it was Map failure,  now there are more updates failing.

I'm in US  ET is at 12:40 now....

 

Pls help

I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.

 

Dave Coleman

Symantec Corporation

I apologize for the inconvenience.

This conversation has been merged into one single thread on this issue. Please follow the attached link.

noticed I'm not the only one with this problem.  I have version 5.0.0.125 and I got this error after my live update this morning 03,11,2011. I'm not very tech savy so if anyone can help with this issue I would much appreciate it .  Thanks

Hi cocoa1

 

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums

 

The issue has been raised with Symantec so hang fire until we get a response from them.

 

Thanks

Hello All

 

I have just had a successful update to the activity map download problem. I had been having failed installs for the activity map, but it appears to have been fixed now. Just run a manual update and it will probably install ok for you also. Thanks.

thanks I did the manual d/l for todays date.

hope they get it fixed.

 

thanks

 

Mac

Hello all

I have the same issue. I thought it was something with my internet but I noticed this thread

I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.

 

Dave Coleman

Symantec Corporation

I do hope it will be fiexd very soon do notify us if it possible

Can't update 2 things

Norton 2010 Iron revocation list failed to complete

Norton 2010 Web Protection Definitions failed to complete

 

I run NIS 2010 with addon pack parental controls on Windows Vista

I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.

 

Dave Coleman

Symantec Corporation