Update began failing for me this morning as well! Pulse updates install correctly... nothing else.
LiveUpdate began failing for me also this morning 2011-03-11 around 0822 (Z-7). Running XP SP2 and NAV 2011. It picks up the Pulse Updates but not the Activity Map Data, Safe Web Stats, 2011 Iron Revocation List. I downloaded the 95 MB intelligent updater pack (20110310-038-v5i32.exe), but it won't run (no matter where I attempt to run the file it claims the path can't be found).
What is going on?
Same here on my side can't update only pulsh update is working
I'm having the same problems as JaelynC and AncientZygote. All I can get are Pulse Updates; with everything else I get a 'Failed to complete' message.
It's very worrying - is there likely to be a solution soon please? I hope so!
At least I'm not alone on this.
I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.
Dave Coleman
Symantec Corporation
Dear Norton Community,
I have the latest Norton Internet Security 2011 and tried after fromating my PC to reinstall the Norton INS 2011. After the installation I am getting an error message that 4 out of 22 Updates couldn't be processed. I am getting the error message:
Process Updates Failed to complete
and it says on the Top 'No updates applied' in red. Now I am quite concerned that my PC is not a 100% protected even though Norton INS 2011 doesn't give me any warning message whatsoever.
Can someone please tell me how to help and fix this? I read the other Thread regarding this topic but they are for older versions of Norton INS 2010. I doubt that I have any virus on my PC as it is the 2nd thing I installed after everything else.
If someone maybe could tell me where to get the Updates manually from it might solve the issue - I did try this link: http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95 but no luck as nothing happens.
I think my issue is the same as the issue in this Thread: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/One-more-with-Updater-issues/td-p/412666
Thanks a lot for reading and trying to help
Georg
I started with only having the map update fail. I tried manually updating and after that I only have pulse updates working correctly. The error on install is the same 8920,223 that the others are getting.
forgot to add...
Windows XP & NIS 2011
I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.
Dave Coleman
Symantec Corporation
You can add me to the list of customers, who are having issues updating, either done manual or auto.
Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Im getting the same 8920, 223 ERROR, like others seem to be getting. Looking at the log, pulse updates seem to work ok, but none of the others do.
UnionJack
I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.
Dave Coleman
Symantec Corporation
Hi, I don’t get any error codes but just wanting to add here that I also get updates failing to process. Using nis 2010 and vista sp1. I don’t know how to do manual updates…however…with an update failing to process… am leery of doing anything until problem is resolved. Thanks for working on this! Take care…
Yes you do .... When you get the box that says updates failed to process, look in the bottom left corner for "view summary" and click on it. Then click on "tech support" and go through the process. You'll see the LU error code 8920.223 we are all talking about
Please make sure the "repairs" for LU error code 8920.223 are compatible with 64-bit as well as common 32-bit computers.
It is the same,
time right now is : 1:33 PM ET US.
Issue still there.....
Just ran my update and upcomes the errer. 64bit W7.
So, “Just now I contact Norton Support and I was told that the problem is caused by a recent window update.” Isn’t it amazing how all NIS problems are caused by Windows Update? But wait…the last updates were Tuesday and this problem didn’t start until Friday morning. I have Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate SP1, but ever since 18.5 came out, I’ve had to reinstall NIS about 10 times for problems with Windows Action Center - BTW, never right after a Windows update (sometimes weeks after), but always after a Live Update. What happened to Symantec/Norton Quality Assurance? We users are apparently getting Alpha/Beta updates and Norton is getting very adept at blaming Windows for its poor quality while letting its customers suffer. 24-48 hours? Test it first.
Hi all ;-)
Among the updates that fail to install, one is considered as "critical"! I begin to worry... lol But i trust Symantec to solve this issue shortly...
Cheers,
Herve
Windows updates is the run around asnwer. i don't think anyone really knows whats causing the problem just yet. Not anyone whos anwering the phones anyway.
garlen wrote:
So, "Just now I contact Norton Support and I was told that the problem is caused by a recent window update." Isn't it amazing how all NIS problems are caused by Windows Update? But wait...the last updates were Tuesday and this problem didn't start until Friday morning. I have Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate SP1, but ever since 18.5 came out, I've had to reinstall NIS about 10 times for problems with Windows Action Center - BTW, never right after a Windows update (sometimes weeks after), but always after a Live Update. What happened to Symantec/Norton Quality Assurance? We users are apparently getting Alpha/Beta updates and Norton is getting very adept at blaming Windows for its poor quality while letting its customers suffer. 24-48 hours? Test it first.