Split DNS feature in Norton VPN service

I have the need to use Norton VPN with my company VPN simultaneously.

The problem is that Norton forwards all DNS resolution requests to its own VPN DNS server, which is a problem because it does not know the internal server names of my company and cannot resolve them.

The solution, from what I have found, is to implement split DNS in Norton VPN or allow the client to set which DNS server they want to use as primary.

So I am creating this topic to suggest that Norton implement this, please.

1 Like

Hello @HEITOR
Welcome to the Norton Community!

Respectfully, may I inquire – Why you have the need to use Norton VPN with your company VPN simultaneously?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
fwiw ~ as per AI:

AI sourced content may make mistakes

The reason that I need to use both simultaneously is to protect my connection to non-corporate websites, since the corporate VPN uses split tunneling. So, it protects my navigation only for corporate services, while other services use my personal network adapter.

When I’m working on a private network connection, it is not a problem, but when I need to use public Wi-Fi, it becomes a problem!

1 Like

I forgot to mention that, as a workaround, I added the names and IP addresses of my corporate services to the Windows hosts file, so I can enable both VPNs and work normally.

1 Like

Hello @HEITOR
fwiw ~ as per AI:

AI sourced content may make mistakes

Hello @HEITOR
fwiw ~ as per AI:

AI sourced content may make mistakes

@HEITOR As a professional suggestion, if you haven’t done so already, you should consult your corporate IT admin for suggestions with your idea. An audit could result in things not in your favor due to miscommunication issues and/or violations of policies in place.

SA

1 Like

I already did it, it was them who identified the problem, that the DNS resolution requests was not being made in the corporate VPN DNS server, but in Norton VPN DNS server.

2 Likes